Thai Basil Fried Rice. It's important to use Thai sweet basil to get the authentic Thai restaurant taste. And don't skip the fish sauce, it smells strong in the bottle, but it blends in nicely with the other ingredients when it's all put together. Also, make sure you use chilled rice, or you'll end up with mush.
Pound garlic and thai cili together in a mortar and. A spicy Thai fried rice that takes the magic of that classic Thai dish pad kra poa and combines it with shrimp and fried rice. Thai basil has a different flavor than that of regular basil and makes all the difference in this recipe. You can have Thai Basil Fried Rice using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thai Basil Fried Rice
- It’s 4 cups of cooked short grain rice cooled.
- You need 1 of small onion chopped.
- It’s 3 of gloves garlic chopped.
- It’s 1 inch of ginger chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoons of neutral oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauve.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of regular soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of mirin.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sake or Chinese cooking wine.
- You need 2 teaspoons of sesame oil.
- You need 1 cup of peas (frozen).
- It’s 3 of scallions sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh Thai basil chopped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of oil.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 teaspoon of fish sauce.
It is fast and fairly easy to make, but requires constant stirring. Reviews for: Photos of Thai Spicy Basil Chicken Fried Rice. Fried rice is a very typical Thai street food, available at every restaurant that serves stir fried dishes throughout the Thailand. In this Thai fried rice Really quickly before we begin with this fried rice recipe, let's go over a few details.
Thai Basil Fried Rice step by step
- Heat oil in wok or large pan over medium high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, and ginger and sauté until fragrant.
- Add rice and heat until the large chunks easily break apart.
- Add soy sauces, mirin, sake/wine, and sesame oil and mix.
- Stir fry for about five minutes to allow the rice to become crispy.
- Add frozen peas, Thai basil, and 1/2 of the scallions.
- Once peas defrost, remove from wok.
- Rinse wok to remove any remaining rice. Add 1 tablespoon oil and heat over medium heat..
- Crack eggs into bowl and add fish sauce. Scramble with fork..
- Add eggs to wok and constantly stir until eggs are cooked through. Mix eggs into the rice.
- To serve, portion rice into bowls and top with remaining scallions. Enjoy!.
In Thailand, fried rice along with basil chicken (or other variations). Shrimp fried rice is a fan favorite for sure. With the addition of Thai basil, some broccoli and a few dashes of fish sauce, however, you get an easy new twist on this Thai basil shrimp You can use this method with any fried rice recipe. Thai Basil Shrimp Fried Rice, here we come! Fried rice originated in China as a way to use up leftover cooked rice.