December 21, 2020
Recipe: Yummy Sweet Potato and Chard Risotto with Parmesan, Rosemary, and Nutmeg
Sweet Potato and Chard Risotto with Parmesan, Rosemary, and Nutmeg.
You can cook Sweet Potato and Chard Risotto with Parmesan, Rosemary, and Nutmeg using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato and Chard Risotto with Parmesan, Rosemary, and Nutmeg
- You need 1 each of vegetable bouillon cube.
- It’s 2 of sprigs fresh rosemary, divided, 1 stripped of leaves.
- Prepare 1 medium of sweet potato.
- You need 4 cup of fresh chard greens.
- You need 1 small of shallot.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 3/4 cup of Arborio rice.
- You need 2 tbsp of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 oz of Parmesan, divided and shaved.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1 of kosher salt, to taste.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper, to taste.
Sweet Potato and Chard Risotto with Parmesan, Rosemary, and Nutmeg instructions
- In a medium saucepot, combine bouillon cube and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Add one sprig of rosemary to broth and set aside..
- Peel and shred sweet potato; it should amount to about 3 cups. Remove the stems and roughly chop the chard greens. Finely chop the shallot..
- Heat a medium saucepot over medium-low heat and add olive oil. Add shallots to the pot, and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and the Arborio rice. Cook over medium-low heat for 2 more minutes or until lightly toasted. Add sweet potatoes and chard and cook for 2 more minutes..
- Remove rosemary sprig from the broth. Add 1/2 cup of broth to Arborio rice and sweet potato mixture. With a wooden spoon, stir rice slowly and thoroughly so it begins to absorb the liquid. Once most of the liquid is absorbed, add another 1/2 cup of broth. Repeat this process 4 more times until all the broth is gone and the rice is plump and tender, which should take around 15-20 minutes. Add butter, half of the Parmesan, ground nutmeg and season to taste with salt and pepper. Stir to combine, and remove from heat..
- Finely chop remaining rosemary leaves. Spoon risotto onto the center of each plate and top with chopped rosemary and remaining Parmesan. Serve and enjoy!.