Instant Pot Rice pudding. Jump to: Step by Step Guide Save time & no need to worry about watching your pot. In the Instant Pot, combine rice, sugar, salt, and milk.
An Instant Pot is one of the most popular brands of electric pressure cookers. They are easy to use and your Instant Pot can help you create this I've made rice pudding in my pressure cookers many different ways and this is my favorite way to make it. It's the best pressure cooker rice pudding. You can cook Instant Pot Rice pudding using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Rice pudding
- Prepare 1 cup of Arborio rice.
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of water.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 2 cups of whole milk, divided*.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of raisins.
Instant Pot Rice Pudding is an easy and hassle-free recipe for this classic rice dessert. Pressure cooker rice pudding is a great dessert to make when you are stuck for time or need to make something quick! It's one of the Instant Pot drop-and-go recipes where you literally throw everything in, stir. Delicious rice pudding made easily in your Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Rice pudding step by step
- In pressure cooking pot, combine rice, water, and salt. Lock the lid in place and select High Pressure and 3 minutes cook time. When beep sounds turn off pressure cooker and use a natural pressure release for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, release any remaining pressure with a quick pressure release..
- Add 1 1/2 cups milk and sugar to rice in pressure cooking pot; stir to combine..
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk eggs with remaining 1/2 cup milk and vanilla. Pour through a fine mesh strainer into pressure cooking pot. Select sauté and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture starts to boil. Turn off pressure cooker. Remove pot from the pressure cooker. Stir in raisins..
- Pudding will thicken as it cools. Serve warm or pour into serving dishes and chill..
- Served topped with whipped cream, and a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg, if desired..
I made this recipe for the first time so you can follow along with me. This rice pudding recipe couldn't be easier when made in your Instant Pot® or other multi-functional pressure cooker. Rinse rice until water runs clear. Strain out most of the water and add rice to a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Add milk, water, vanilla extract, cinnamon.