Mike's Beginners Spanish Seafood Paella. I talk about paella, probably the most known Spanish food! The Easiest Videos to Learn Spanish! Do you want me to keep making videos?
In this episode of the How to Make series, we are celebrating #MothersDay by making my family recipe for Spanish Seafood Paella. A crusty saffron flavored rice and veggie layer topped with shrimp, mussels, and squid. A Spanish style feast in your house! You can have Mike's Beginners Spanish Seafood Paella using 31 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Mike's Beginners Spanish Seafood Paella
- It’s of ● For The Seafood.
- You need 2 (8 oz) of Raw Lobster Tails [dethawed].
- It’s 1 Pound of Bag Raw Jumbo Shrimp [frozen – deveined – shucked].
- It’s 1 Pound of Bag LG Raw Sea Scallops [frozen].
- You need 1 Pound of Bag Clams Or Mussels [rinsed – beards removed – frozen].
- Prepare of ● For The Vegetables.
- It’s 1 Cup of Green Bell Pepper [chopped].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Red Or Yellow Bell Pepper [chopped].
- You need 1 Cup of White Onion [chopped].
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Purple Onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Minced Garlic.
- You need 1 (10 oz) of Can ROTELL Tomatoes With Chilies.
- You need 2 tbsp of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare of ● For The Herbs & Seasonings.
- You need 1 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Spanish Paprika.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Fresh Parsley [+ reserves – added last].
- It’s 2 of LG Pinches Spanish Saffron Threads.
- You need to taste of Fresh Ground Black Pepper & Sea Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Dried Thyme.
- You need of ● For The Rice.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Spanish Bomba Rice [arborio or a short grained rice].
- You need of ● Others.
- You need 2 1/2 Cups of Water.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Quality White Wine.
- You need 3 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of ● For The Garnishments.
- It’s as needed of Lemon Wedges.
- Prepare as needed of Green Onions.
- It’s as needed of Fresh Parsley.
Authentic Spanish Seafood Paella Recipe – Colab With Best Bites Forever. Spanish Chicken and Seafood Paella – Paella Mixta @Chicken Recipes. Looking for a traditional Spanish recipe? Without doubt, the best-known is going to be the prodigious paella. that tasty, adaptable, gregarious dish famed throughout Spain.
Mike's Beginners Spanish Seafood Paella step by step
- Seafoods required..
- Paella Pan. It's important for the even cooking of your rice..
- When I'm making anything seafood related – I always make a basic seafood stock for later use that week. So, know that with this recipe – you'll have much more stock than you'll actually need. This recipe makes about 7 cups but you'll only need 3 cups total for this specific Paella dish..
- Bring 8 cups water, a 1/2 cup white wine and a 1/2 tsp salt to a heavy boil. Add dethawed lobsters to boiling water [shells left on] for 1 – 1/2 minutes total. Remove lobster tails from stock with a slotted spoon immediately. Authors Note: Your lobster will be hard to pull from the shells since it's only blanched. But, no worries. You can always flake your lobster. In fact, it can go further that way..
- Bring stock fluids back up to a steady boil. Add frozen shrimp – peels and legs still on – to boiling water. Once back up to a steady boil – remove shrimp from water with a slotted spoon immediately. Authors Note: You'll want your shrimp firm and pink with no fishy scent to them..
- Bring water back up to a steady boil. Add frozen scallops to boiling water. Once back up to a steady boil – remove scallops from water with a slotted spoon immediately. Authors Note: If a scallop isn't white and is somewhat discolored – throw her out. She's icky!.
- Allow your blanched seafood to cool on your counter before shucking or chopping. Do not refrigerate your seafood. Your cooking time will move pretty quickly so there's no risk..
- While waiting – chop your vegetables..
- Also, cold rinse your frozen, presteamed mussels. There may still be some sand in them. Pull any beards that may still be attached. Refrigerate clams/mussels. Know that they can go South pretty quick if not refrigerated..
- Soak your rice in water. Fully drain after 15 minutes in a tight mesh strainer. Otherwise you'll have a soupy Paella. Paella should always be rib sticking thick and hearty..
- Chop / shred your lobsters, shuck your shrimp – leaving on tails and halve your jumbo scallops..
- Soak 2 large pinches of saffron in 2 tbsp of quality white wine to soften threads for 10 minutes. You'll love the color the saffron eventually lends to the wine! It's beautiful!.
- In a large Paella pan or heavy skillet, heat 3 tbsp olive oil. At medium high heat – add your chopped hard vegetables – onions and bell peppers. Sauté for 8 minutes then add your FULLY drained rice. Fry for 3 more minutes uncovered. Stir regularly..
- Add your minced garlic and 2 1/2 cups lobster / wine stock to pan. Reserve 1/2 cup to add if needed..
- Add everything in the Herbs & Seasonings section [except for fresh parsley] and everything else in your Vegetable section. Mix well..
- Bring rice mixture to a boil and let the liquid reduce just slightly. Cover with a tight fitting lid or, tightly with tin foil and cook on low for 20 minutes. At 15 minutes in – add your fresh parsley and stir. Try not to peek during but, make sure she isn't burning..
- Uncover pan and in this order – lay your blanched lobster, shrimp and scallops over the rice, pushing them into the rice just slightly. Add a little stock if needed. You'll definitely need some steam at this point. Cover tightly again and steam on low heat for another 5 minutes. At 3 minutes in – add your presteamed clams. Authors Note: If a clam doesn't open – throw it out. She's icky too!.
- A decent, affordable pre-fabed Paella Kit to consider for ease in place of the Herbs & Seasonings and Rice sections. Again, use only 1/2 of that seasoning packet included and taste test from there..
- Garnish with fresh green onions, chopped parsley and lemon wedges. Lightly drizzle with garlic infused olive oil. Serve with fresh, warm French bread and a quality white wine. Enjoy friends!.
One of the most beautiful dishes I have cooked in my whole life. PagesPublic figureBloggerYummy Addiction – Healthy Seasonal RecipesVideosSpanish Seafood Paella. This Seafood Paella is the perfect way to celebrate Spanish Paella. For an exotic dinner, give this Spanish Seafood Paella a shot. Spanish Seafood Paella Recipe with Lobster, Shrimp, Clams and Mussels Healthy, Quick and Easy Spanish Seafood Paella Recipe made with the freshest shellfish and a little chicken andouille sausage.