Kimchi Fried Rice. Kimchi fried rice (Kimchi Bokkeumbap, 김치 볶음밥) is a type of Korean fried rice and it is predominantly cooked with kimchi (obviously!) To give it more texture and flavor a variety of meat. Kimchi fried rice is an authentic Korean dish that's delicious and easy to whip up. As long as you have kimchi and one or two other Korean essentials, you can find everything else you need to make the.
Top it with fried eggs for something extra! Kimchi fried rice (kimchi bokkeumbap, 김치볶음밥) is a humble Korean dish made basically with kimchi and leftover rice. Since Korean homes almost always have these two staples, kimchi fried. You can cook Kimchi Fried Rice using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Kimchi Fried Rice
- Prepare 3/4 cup of kimchi (chopped).
- Prepare 1/3 of juice of kimchi.
- It’s 3 cups of cooked short-grain rice.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of korean gochujang sauce.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of soysauce.
- You need 2 teaspoons of toasted sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 1 of scallion (chopped).
- It’s 2 of eggs (fried or sunnyside up).
It's a simple and unassuming dish that encapsulates the unique flavors of Korean cuisine – including the famous Kimchi! If you have never tried cooking Korean at home. Kimchi Fried Rice (Kimchi Bokkeumbap in Korean) is quick, easy, and inexpensive to make, yet this humble meal tastes simply marvelous. Kimchi is made of fermented vegetables (napa cabbage.
Kimchi Fried Rice instructions
- Drizzle the sesame oil on the rice and stir to break up any big clumps..
- Whisk the kimchi juice, gochujang and soy sauce together until the gochujang is completely dissolved..
- Put the olive oil in a frying pan and heat over medium high heat until hot. Add the chopped kimchi and stir fry until the kimchi is starting to brown and is very fragrant..
- Add the rice and and stir-fry, pressing down on any clumps until the rice is uniform in color..
- Pour the kimchi juice mixture over the rice, and turn up the heat to high. Stir-fry, tossing the rice until the rice starts to brown, and doesn't stick together quite as much..
- Taste and adjust to desired flavor, and top with the sunny-side up/fried egg and garnish with the chopped scallions, and it is ready to be served, enjoy..
Kimchi Fried Rice is the ultimate comforat food that's bursting with flavors of sour kimchi. It is the perfect one-dish meal anytime but especially if you don't feel like cooking or need that something to hit. I first had kimchi fried rice when we were in Seoul a few years ago. I didn't have any idea what kimchi was (likely referred to as "that red stuff". Kimchi is so flavorful, it makes the perfect fried rice base.