Arroz Con Dulce.
You can have Arroz Con Dulce using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Arroz Con Dulce
- You need 4 cup of water.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of cloves.
- You need 1 tbsp of crushed fresh ginger.
- You need 1 cup of regular, uncooked, short-grain rice.
- You need 1 tbsp of cooking oil or butter.
- You need 1/2 cup of raisins.
- You need 14 oz of coconut cream (1 can Coco López).
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
Arroz Con Dulce instructions
- For best results, soak rice in water for about two hours prior to cooking. Drain..
- Add the salt, cloves and ginger to three cups of water in a deep sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Sieve through a colander to remove the remnants of the spices..
- Bring to a boil once again. Add the coconut cream, rice, sugar and oil. Cook covered over medium-low heat for about twenty minutes..
- Add the raisins and blend in. Continue to cook, uncovered, until the rice has absorbed all the water (about fifteen more minutes)..
- Cooking times vary depending on your climate and elevation from sea level. Don't worry: this recipe is very forgiving of cooking lapses. Just don't overcook!.
- Pour into a square or rectangular dish about one inch high and allow to cool. Sprinkle ground cinnamon or cinnamon sugar on the pudding and cut in two-inch squares for your diners..
- It is equally enjoyable after refrigeration. It will keep for several days, well covered in the refrigerator..