Bacon and egg risotto. Which is all the more reason that the risotto approximation of breakfast, replete with bacon, runny eggs, cheese Bacon and leek is one of my favourite risotto combinations and I love the idea of topping it with an egg. I'm all for a breakfast risotto although, truth. This easy recipe for bacon and egg risotto takes your favorite breakfast ingredients and turns them into a creamy comfort food supper!
Thick-cut bacon could be substituted for pancetta. Topping it off with a still-runny egg yolk is the genius step behind this recipe's success. Heat chicken stock over medium-low heat in a pot. You can cook Bacon and egg risotto using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bacon and egg risotto
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil (roughly).
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion.
- You need 3 oz of diced bacon.
- Prepare 2 cups of arborio rice.
- You need 1 cup of white wine.
- You need 1 cup of tomato purée.
- You need 4 cups of stock.
- It’s 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter, sliced.
Stir the bacon, parmesan and lemon juice through the risotto. Top with the fried eggs and roasted tomatoes. Sprinkle on a little more parmesan, chives, salt and black pepper and serve. Share your pictures with us using the hashtags #britstagram and #iamcreative.
Bacon and egg risotto instructions
- Heat olive oil for about 3 minutes over medium heat in a medium sauce pot..
- Dice onion and add to the warm oil with bacon..
- Let it bubble away, stirring frequently, until the onion is tender, 4-5 minutes..
- Add rice and stir until the rice changes color slightly and becomes fragrant..
- Place stock in a separate pot and set it on a warm burner beside your risotto with a ladle in it..
- Add the wine to the risotto pot and stir until it is evaporated..
- Add tomato purée and stir until the rice is dry again..
- No turning back now! Add a couple of splashes of stock. Stir to clean any sticky spots from the bottom of the pan. Continue stirring, and adding broth as it dries up. This will go on for about 20 minutes. If you run out of stock, you can switch to warm water. You want to try and balance your risotto just a little runnier than you'd like to eat it. This stirring in a limited amount of liquid is the real heart of a good risotto..
- Taste the rice occasionally to see how it's coming along. When you're happy with the texture, add salt, yogurt, and butter and some fresh cracked pepper. Stir well. Taste, adjust to your liking, and plate..
- Serve garnished with a slow-cooked egg (recipe under my profile), a little pepper and olive oil, and a few leaves of thyme..
Add bacon and cook until crisp, stirring occasionally. Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Top risotto in each bowl with poached egg. Sprinkle egg with salt and pepper. Then our bacon, egg and leek risotto is the platter for you!