Lemon and Caper Chicken Piccata w Lemon Risotto. Chicken Piccata Risotto with Crispy Capers uses white wine, fresh spinach, lemon, capers, and Parmesan to create a delicious risotto. Topped with seasoned seared chicken make a meal that everyone will want again. Risotto needs a little love as you make it, and some people will say that is is not a weeknight dish.
Plate risotto then top with chicken and sprinkle crispy capers on top. I can't pick out what I love best about this creamy risotto. To serve, plate the risotto then top with a piece of chicken. You can have Lemon and Caper Chicken Piccata w Lemon Risotto using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Lemon and Caper Chicken Piccata w Lemon Risotto
- You need 1 1/2 cups of Arborio Rice.
- Prepare 4 of lemons- juiced fresh squeezed.
- You need 2 TBSP of capers.
- Prepare 4-5 of organic chicken breasts, pound flat and salt and pepper generously.
- You need 1/2 cups of flour add salt and pepper to it, put on plate or in shallow dish.
- It’s 1 of large shallot.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil for risotto.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil for chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of parm cheese shredded.
- It’s 3 cups of chicken broth, or bouillon w water.
- Prepare 9 of grape tomatoes if desired.
Sprinkle some of the crispy capers on top. To skillet, add butter, garlic, white wine, lemon juice, and capers and bring to a simmer. Add lemon slices and return chicken thighs to skillet. Warm oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Lemon and Caper Chicken Piccata w Lemon Risotto step by step
- Rinse chicken, pat dry sprinkle w salt and pepper, dredge in flour.
- Heat cast iron pan w 2 tbsp of olive oil on higher heat.. when hot add 2 tbsp butter turn down to 4 or 5. Brown both sides of chicken. Then turn this down to 2 or 3. Add fresh lemon juice, capers and let simmer w a top on for 8 minutes flipping chicken and pouring sauce over..
- Take a enameled pot, or risotto pan. Add 2 TBSP of oil, 2 tbsp butter and shallots, stir for 2-3 minutes, until hot. You should be on med heat. Then add rice.,.
- Turn heat down and add your stock, add a cup, stir let the liquid evaporate into the rice then add more one cup at a time over 20 minutes on lower/ med heat. Keep stirring so it does not stick. Rice should be forming a creamy consistency.. add cheese in the last 2 minutes, add additional stock to keep it creamy..
- Risotto w cook total for 2O minutes while your chicken is cooking., add grape tomatoes to chicken and capers for additional flavor..
- Chicken and Risotto should take a total of 30 minutes w 15 minutes Prep.
Pat chicken breasts with paper towels to thoroughly dry. Mix together salt and flour in a small dish or plastic bag, then coat chicken and shake off excess. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. In another shallow dish, combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley and salt. Coat chicken with flour mixture, dip in egg substitute mixture, then coat again with flour mixture.