Asparagus and Mushroom Risotto. In an electric kettle or medium saucepan with a lid, combine chicken broth and white wine and heat just to simmering. Stir until butter has melted and mixture is well combined. Remove from heat and set aside until risotto is nearly finished cooking.
It's a hearty meal, loaded with spring flavor. One of my favorite things about spring time is all of the fresh vegetables that come along with it. With its crisp bite and bright clean flavor Asparagus is right up there at the top of my list of favorites. You can have Asparagus and Mushroom Risotto using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Asparagus and Mushroom Risotto
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 3 tbsp of Butter with 2 tbsp in frying pan and 1 tbsp added to risotto when cooked.
- It’s 1 of Red Onion.
- You need 150 g of Asparagus cut into 3 pieces each.
- Prepare 150 g of Button Chestnut Mushrooms thinly sliced.
- It’s 100 g of Courgettes thinly sliced.
- Prepare 150 g of Arborio Rice.
- Prepare 500 ml of water including vegetable stock.
- You need 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- You need Handful of fresh Parsley finely chopped.
- Prepare 20 g of Parmesan Cheese grated.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
Transfer to a plate with any accumulated juices. Stir in the reserved asparagus and. Heat the oil in a wide-based shallow saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and fry for a few minutes over a high heat.
Asparagus and Mushroom Risotto step by step
- Place olive oil and 2 tbsp butter in pan following which add onions and mushrooms until softened, say 2 minutes. Add rice and stir in to coat with oil, butter and onions and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes and add asparagus and courgettes after 3 minutes..
- Add contents of pan to inner bowl of rice cooker and then add water and stock. Set cooker to porridge cycle and will take 20 minutes to cook..
- After 20 minutes stir the risotto, and add the remaining 1 tbsp of butter. Allow butter to melt then stir in lemon juice, parsley, cheese and salt to taste. Serve immediately..
Stir in the rice to coat the grains. Snap off and discard the woody asparagus ends, cut off the tips and roughly chop the stalks. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add mushrooms, thyme, salt, and white wine, and heat until. Morel mushrooms and asparagus are both in season during the spring and complement one another perfectly.