Tomato and Basil risotto. This is a luxurious summer risotto, with tomatoes both cooked along with the rice and added uncooked to the finished risotto. Add another ladleful of stock to the rice. Stir in the additional finely diced tomatoes, basil and Parmesan and remove from the heat.
This easy and classic Tomato Basil risotto is one of my favourite ways to enjoy beautiful Summer tomatoes and fresh basil. For me, I enjoy this risotto as a meatless main dish, which is in regular rotation. It also makes a great side-dish for just about anything you've got cooking on the BBQ. You can cook Tomato and Basil risotto using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tomato and Basil risotto
- It’s 2 cup of Arborio Rice.
- Prepare 1 can of Crushed Tomatoes (Large).
- It’s 1 bunch of Fresh Basil.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Fresh Oregano.
- Prepare 4 cup of Chicken Broth.
- It’s 4 clove of Minced Garlic.
- You need 1 of Onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of Fresh Parmesan Cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
This Balsamic Risotto is rich and tangy with Parmesan cheese and balsamic vinegar, and a great way to use garden tomatoes and basil! This is my recreation of that dish, to which I have added some fresh cherry and Sungold tomatoes, as well as a few slivers of basil from my garden. Tomato-Basil Risotto is fresh and light, yet decadent and dreamy. This one pan recipe is delicious any time of year!
Tomato and Basil risotto instructions
- Boil the chicken broth in a large pot, and once boiling bring to a slow simmer..
- Add 1 tbsp butter and the olive oil into pan and heat at a medium temperature..
- Add garlic and onion into heated oil/butter and saute for a few minutes. Add Arborio rice and stir for 3 minutes, lightly frying the rice..
- Add can of crushed tomatoes, oregano and basil (all up to you how much you'd prefer to add, it's all a matter of preference!) to the rice and stir until the rice has absorbed the liquid..
- Begin to ladle in hot chicken broth, one ladle at a time, continuously stirring and only adding more liquid when the rice has absorbed the previously added stock..
- Do this for around 30 minutes, or until rice is al dente..
- Add butter and Parmesan cheese. Stir and then cover for 5 minutes..
Learn how to make Tomato-Basil Risotto. We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article. Roasted Tomato and Basil Oven Risotto. This eggplant risotto, laden with tomatoes and basil, evokes the Mediterranean classic, ratatouille. It was inspired by the enormous eggplants found.