Vegan Ginger Risotto.
You can have Vegan Ginger Risotto using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Ginger Risotto
- It’s of Ginger Stock.
- You need 1 cup of diced ginger.
- You need 2 quart of water.
- Prepare of Risotto.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of grape seed oil.
- You need 1 of medium sweet onion, diced.
- You need 1 cup of diced pineapple.
- It’s 5 of basil leaves, cut into strips.
- You need 1 cup of arborio rice.
- Prepare 1 pints of ginger stock.
- You need 3/4 cup of pineapple juice.
Vegan Ginger Risotto instructions
- This is a spicy vegan dish that could either be a light entree or a side dish..
- The ginger stock can be prepared in advance..
- Bring the water to a boil. Add diced ginger, reduce heat to keep at a simmer and cook uncovered for 1 hour..
- Allow stock to cool. Remove 1 pint of stock to use for this recipe. Retain the boiled ginger and extra stock for other cooking projects..
- In a deep skillet, heat oil. Add onions and cook until they start to become transparent..
- Add pineapple and basil. Cook until onions are fully transparent..
- Remove ingredients from skillet, retaining the oils. Because the stock has such a strong flavor, these will be reintroduced later in the cooking process so they retain their own flavors..
- Add rice, cook in remaining oils for 1-2 minutes..
- Add 1/2 cup stock. Allow rice to cook until liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring frequently. Add 1/4 cup pineapple juice, cook until nearly absorbed. Repeat, alternating stock and pineapple juice..
- When last of the liquids have been added, reintroduce the other ingredients..
- When rice is cooked thoroughly, and liquids are well absorbed, remove from stove. Serve in rice bowls..