September 12, 2020
Easiest Way to Make Tasty Stuffed peppers and tomato
Stuffed peppers and tomato. Stuffed peppers with mince, rice and tomato sauce, Turkish or Eastern European style of cooking stuffed peppers. My grandmother cooked her stuffed peppers in a similar way, I've eaten similar stuffed peppers cooked by Hungarian and Bulgarian cooks and this recipe was actually called. Dear friends, I hope you Will like my new video.
Preparing stuffed vegetables has a long tradition in almost all of the Mediterranean countries. If you've ever been to Greece, I'm sure the Greeks did not let you leave without trying yemista or Wash tomatoes and peppers well. This easy baked stuffed peppers recipe with tomatoes, fresh herbs, garlic, and cheese is light and absolutely delicious. You can have Stuffed peppers and tomato using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed peppers and tomato
- Prepare 5 of medium tomatoes.
- It’s 5 of bell peppers.
- You need 2 lbs of ground beef.
- It’s 5-6 of medium potatoes.
- You need 1 cup of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbs of tomatoes paste.
- You need 1.5 cup of arborio rice.
- It’s 1 of onion chopped.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need to taste of Black grounded pepper.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 2 of all spice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of olive oil vegetable oil is also ok.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 3 cups of hot water.
We add tomatoes, lots of garlic and fresh herbs. As they bake in the oven all the juices from the peppers, tomato, and garlic pool at the bottom of the. As the peppers are not as juicy as the tomatoes the stuffing of the peppers always comes out a little dry. To avoid that, spoon some extra tomato juice over the peppers and they will become just Looking for a traditional Greek Gemista/ Yemista recipe (stuffed tomatoes and peppers with rice)?
Stuffed peppers and tomato instructions
- On a pot add the ground beef and fry at medium heat till it is broken down than remove from pot in to a big bowl. Drain the pot that you frayed the beef at his point carve the tomatoes and peppers and shreds the insides off them.
- In the same pot add onions, oil,bay leaf,pepper oregano,all spice DO NOT add salt at this point. Fry at medium heat till onion is glazed.
- Now add the beef back in the pot.and add the salt tomato paste and crashed tomato and the sugar cook at medium heat till it starts to boil than add one cup of water and add the shredded tomatoes and peppers.
- At this point peal the potatoes and cut them in to wedges and put all the carved peppers tomatoes and potatoes in to a big baking pan. Now put the oven to 350f to start warming up.
- Add the rice in to the pot with the ground beef and keep cooking at low heat till rice is aldente.
- Now stuff the peppers and tomatoes with the beef mixture add some salt and oil on top of them and add the remaining water in to the baking pot cover and cook in oven for about 2 hrs.
- After 2 hrs uncover and cook for an additional 30 min till ready. Not a very easy recipe but it's worth it trust me Enjoy.
Green peppers are stuffed with a mixture of ground beef and rice then smothered in a tangy tomato sauce. I always serve these with creamy mashed I've been making Stuffed Peppers for years and my Mom probably made thousands of these! She taught me how to make them and that's a memory. Place tomatoes and peppers in a pan large enough to hold them comfortably and give each veg a tiny dash of sugar with the tips of your fingertips (I really think this is important!). Stuff the vegetables evenly with this mixture.