September 7, 2020
Recipe: Perfect Seafood Paella
Seafood Paella. Heat the oil in a large paella pan or an extra-large frying pan. See how to make seafood paella, the traditional Spanish rice dish that's loaded with fresh seafood, including shrimp, clams, and calamari. Paella is a Spanish rice dish originally from Valencia.
Seafood Paella made with Calasparra rice, tiger shrimp, squid, littleneck clams, and mussels with garlic and parsley paste and saffron. This delicious seafood paella was prepared by my wife, Dey. Be the first to rate & review! You can have Seafood Paella using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Seafood Paella
- You need 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 3 of medium sized tomatoes.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper.
- Prepare 1 of medium white onion.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 TSP of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 TSP of black pepper.
- It’s 1 pinch of saffron.
- It’s 1/2 TSP of salt.
- Prepare 1 pinch of allspice.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- You need 200-250 grams of frozen green beans.
- You need of fish bone broth.
- You need 3 cups of short grain rice.
- It’s 100 grams of each of mussels, large shrimp and calamari rings.
- It’s 500 grams of grilled sea bass meat.
This hearty paella, created by cooking club member David Joud, is brimming with browned chicken, seared squid, spicy chorizo and briny. Seafood Paella is the most popular of the Paellas. Its large quantity of mollusks and crustaceans make it very tasty and full of Today adding meats and vegetables to seafood paella has become common. Seafood paellas are as varied as the cooks who make them.
Seafood Paella step by step
- Boil the fish bones with leftover veggies in 2.5 liters of water for 2-3 hours..
- Chop the tomatoes, pepper and onions. Mash the garlic cloves..
- Fry the onions in olive oil. Then add the garlic. Add the spices and the salt. Add the tomatoes and red pepper. Add the tomato paste and dissolve if needed with some water. Finally add the green beans..
- Cook the sauce for at least 30 minutes till it is thick..
- Wash the rice in water and discard the water. Repeat until the washing water is clear..
- Add the rice to the sauce and mix well..
- Spread the rice evenly in a paella pan. Add on top the fish, mussel, calamari rings and shrimp..
- Pour the fish broth over the seafood. Cover the pan..
- Cook in a 180 degrees C oven for about an hour. Halfway through the process uncover the pan..
Serve the paella with lemon wedges. Seafood paella recipe and how-to video. This paella recipe comes straight from Spain and uses Use the widest skillet you have if you don't have a paella pan. Probably the most important thing for a. The paella may seem a little soupy when it first comes off the fire, but the rice will absorb the excess liquid in a few minutes.