Wild Mushroom Risotto.
You can cook Wild Mushroom Risotto using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wild Mushroom Risotto
- It’s 1 of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of assorted fresh mushrooms – sliced (Shitake, Oyster, Cremine).
- Prepare 1 of salt, to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dried Porcine mushrooms, (soaked in 3-cups hot water).
- Prepare 1 medium of onion, 1/4" diced (1-1/2 cup).
- It’s 2 cup of Arborio Rice.
- It’s 2 cup of dry white wine.
- It’s 6 cup of chicken stock.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of chives, chopped.
Wild Mushroom Risotto instructions
- Coat a large saute pan generously with olive oil. Add garlic and bring to high heat. Remove garlic when they begin to brown. Discard them..
- Add assorted fresh mushrooms (I used fresh mushrooms I had saute in butter and previously froze.) Season with salt. Sauté until soft. Turn off heat and set aside..
- Scoop dryed Porcini mushrooms out of the soaking water. Pour 2/3 of the water into a container, and discard the rest where particles have settled..
- Puree the rehydrate Porcini mushrooms with a little of the soaking water into a smooth paste..
- Coat a large saucepan (I used a soup pot) abundantly with olive oil, add onions and season with salt. Cook until soft..
- Add rice and stir to coat in oil. Cook 2 to 3 minutes to toast to a light brow, don't burn the onions. Stir frequently..
- Add wine to cover rice and stir frequently until completely absorbed..
- Add reserve mushroom water and 1/3 of the chicken stock until the liquid has covered the surface of the rice. Stir frequently until the stock has absorbed into the rice. Repeat this process two more times (don't panic, it will be absorbed.) Check seasoning..
- During the third stage, add sautéed mushrooms, plus 2 tablespoons of the pureed Porcine mushrooms..
- When the stock has been absorbed into the rice and the rice is cooked "al dente", remove from heat. Add the butter and cheese and whip until combined..
- This will set a perfect consistency of rice. The rice should flow and not be able to hold it's shape and look creamy. Garnish with chives..