August 14, 2020
Easiest Way to Cook Delicious Chorizo and Chicken Paella
Chorizo and Chicken Paella. Stir in the spices, then tip in the rice. Chorizo and Chicken Paella This chicken and chorizo paella is a flavor party in a skillet. An easy paella recipe, made in a cast iron skillet to get that crispy rice on the bottom and filled with delicious vegetables.
Season with salt and spread the rice out evenly to cover the bottom of the paella pan. Homemade Chicken and Chorizo Paella is the best! Made with Spanish chorizo, chicken thighs, sofrito, and saffron. You can cook Chorizo and Chicken Paella using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chorizo and Chicken Paella
- You need 4 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of saffron threads.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 8 oz of chorizo sliced.
- It’s 8 oz of chicken thighs cubed.
- It’s 1 of large onion chopped.
- You need 1 of red pepper diced.
- It’s 3 of gloves garlic minced.
- You need 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Arborio rice.
- You need 1/2 cup of tomato puree.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Pepper.
- Prepare of Fresh parsley chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
The flavors are so deep and satisfying! Heat a large paella pan (or ovenproof lidded skillet or casserole) over medium-high heat. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a large plate. Salt the chicken and rub with a small amount of paprika.
Chorizo and Chicken Paella step by step
- Heat chicken broth in small saucepan on low heat. Add saffron threads.
- In large 12-14inch cast iron skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add chorizo and chicken and remove when lightly browned.They should not be cooked through..
- Add onion, pepper, and garlic and sauté until soft. Stir in paprika, rice, and tomato purée.
- Strain chicken broth and add to pan. Add chorizo and chicken back to pan and stir once. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium heat until all of the liquid is dissolved and rice is tender (about 25min).
- To crispy (burnt) rice is desired, turn heat to high and cook for 2 min..
- Sprinkle frozen peas on top (optional).
- Remove from heat and cover with parchment paper. Let sit for 10 min.
- Top with parsley and enjoy!.
Heat the olive oil in a paella pan or wide shallow skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken in the pan, skin-side down and brown on all sides, turning with tongs. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Scatter the chorizo around the chicken. Transfer shrimp to a large plate and set aside, leaving chicken and chorizo in the pan.