How to Cook Japanese Rice.
You can have How to Cook Japanese Rice using 2 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of How to Cook Japanese Rice
- It’s 450 g of short grain rice.
- It’s 650 mL of water.
How to Cook Japanese Rice step by step
- Prepare water in a bowl, and put some rice into it. Mix them a few times from the bottom, throw out the water immediately..
- Rinse the rice about twenty times to stir inside the bowl gently..
- Then throw out the water. Rinse it 2 more times. And soak it for about 30 minutes until it becomes opaque white. Then, drain the water..
- Prepare some water in a sauce pan, and place the rinsed rice. Cover with a lid and heat the pan over medium heat until it boils. Don't take off the lid while the rice is cooking — this lets the steam out and affects the cooking time. When it boils, simmer for 2 minutes..
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and simmer for about 3 minutes: Turn the heat down to low and simmer again for about 6 minutes..
- After simmering for a total of 10~12 minutes, open the lid a little and check if moisture is absorbed..
- When all moisture is absorbed, heat the pot for about 15 seconds. Then turn off the heat and let stand 10 minutes, covered..