Dim Sum Radish Cake. I am honoured to be sharing my mother in law's famous turnip cake recipe! This is a classic dim sum dish, but it's something my MIL always makes for us every. It is been a while since the last time I post a dim sum recipe.
In this video I will show you how to make a fried Chinese Turnip Cake Dim Sum Style ( Bánh Củ Cải Chiên ) ! Classic dim sum dish-Chinese turnip cake (Radish cake). Chinese radish cake or turnip cake is a famous Chinese dessert available during the morning dim sum, Yun Cha. You can have Dim Sum Radish Cake using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dim Sum Radish Cake
- It’s 4 cups of White radish/Turnip Shredded.
- Prepare 500 g of Short grain rice flour.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cup (750 ml) of Water.
- It’s 3 pcs of Chinese sausages diced.
- Prepare 8-10 pcs. of Shitake mushroom diced.
- You need 3 1/2 cup (875 ml) of Water.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Chicken Stock.
- You need 1 tsp of White Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
In Chinese, we name this type of cake as Gao in marinade or Gow in Cantonese dialect. Turnip cake, or "lo bak go" in Cantonese…doesn't actually involve any turnip! More accurately it should be called a daikon cake because the daikon radish It's a classic dish served at dim sum restaurants, so I guess it's classified as "brunch". The most classic way to eat these turnip cakes is to simply pan.
Dim Sum Radish Cake instructions
- Prepare all ingredients: Shred radish, dice sausages and shitake mushroom..
- Mix rice flour and water (2 ½ cup / 750ml), set aside..
- Add oil to frying pan, add sausages, shitake mushroom and all seasonings, mix until fragrant..
- Panfry shredded radish for a few minus, and then add step 3. Add the last water (3 ½ cup / 875ml). Cook for 5 minutes..
- Add rice flour mix (step 2) into the pan and mix well..
- Get ready to steam: Oil your container. Use either rice cooker or regular bowl to steam your radish cake. Steam for 30-50 minutes, until harden..
- Cut into slices and panfry until slightly browned over medium-low heat..
- Ready to serve! Enjoy! Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more simple and delicious recipes! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Fgle9gk5Jh7lB1lq8XOMw.
Dim sum is a large range of small dishes that Cantonese people traditionally enjoy in restaurants for breakfast and lunch. In the tenth century, when the city of Guangzhou (Canton). Steamed Radish Cake aka Carrot Cake/ Lo Bak Go 蒸萝卜糕. Steamed Radish Cake 蒸萝卜糕 – A classic dim sum dish that usually served steamed Turnip cake is a traditional Chinese snack served at dim sum. Our family turnip cake lo bak go recipe uses Chinese sausage, dried shrimp, mushrooms.