Greek chicken lemon soup. All Reviews for Greek Lemon Chicken Soup. A light and healthy recipe with bold Greek flavors. This Greek Lemon Chicken Soup is a great way to warm your belly on cool autumn evenings!
Egg acts as a thickener to this chicken soup with orzo which is brightened with the addition of lemon zest. In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites to soft peaks. Add the shredded chicken and any reserved juices to the soup. You can have Greek chicken lemon soup using 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek chicken lemon soup
- Prepare 6 of chicken thighs skinless.
- It’s 2 of celery stocks.
- Prepare 3 of carrots.
- It’s 1 liter of chicken broth.
- You need 2 liter of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of arborio rice.
- It’s 2 of lemons.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
Add the lemon zest and season with salt and plenty of freshly cracked black pepper. Avgolemono – Greek Chicken Lemon Soup We swap out the noodles for cannellini beans for added protein and fiber with way less calories! And the added lemon juice is so refreshing and vibrant!
Greek chicken lemon soup step by step
- chop celery into large pieces.
- peel and chop carrots into large pieces.
- add chicken, water, broth, celery, carrots to large pot and bring to boil.
- low boil for twenty minutes with lid slightly ajar.
- remove chicken, carrots and celery with slotted spoon onto plate.
- add rice to pot.
- low boil twenty minutes with lid slightly ajar.
- remove pot from heat.
- squeeze juice from lemons.
- add lemon juice and eggs to large bowl.
- beat with electric mixer.
- while beating slowly add 2 cups of hot soup to eggs/lemon juice.
- beat until frothy (approximable one minute).
- add lemon/egg mixture to the pot.
- break chicken up into small pieces and add to pot.
- and salt, pepper and olive oil.
This Greek lemon chicken soup is comforting, fresh, and nourishing! Avgolemono is a Greek Chicken Soup that's traditionally made with rice (or orzo), chicken, vegetables, eggs, and lots of lemon and fresh herbs! This Lemon Chicken Soup becomes your new Chicken Noodle. Here's why: The base is smooth, creamy, and velvety… without cream. But even though it's creamy, it's also still brothy enough to slurp, like any good Chicken Noodle-y type soup should be.