Arroz con Leche (Spanish rice pudding). Arroz con leche is one of the most traditional and popular Spanish desserts. Literally translated, arroz con leche means rice with milk, but it's actually a thick rice pudding that everyone makes a slightly different way. This classic arroz con leche recipe is served in households all over Spain.
Make rice pudding for your family tonight for. Ever wondered how to make rice pudding? Today we're making a Spanish version flavoured with cinnamon and lemon. You can cook Arroz con Leche (Spanish rice pudding) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Arroz con Leche (Spanish rice pudding)
- Prepare 1/2 cup of arroz de grano corto (short grain rice).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of agua (water).
- You need 1 of cascara de limon (lemon peel).
- Prepare 1 of rama de canela (cinnamon stick).
- You need 1 liter of leche (milk).
- You need 1 cup of azucar blanca (sugar).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sal (salt).
- Prepare 1 of canela en polvo (powder cinnamon).
- You need 1 tbsp of vainilla (vanilla) -OPTIONAL.
It's an easy make-ahead dessert just like. A creamy Spanish rice pudding recipe from my mother-in-law Antonia. Her Spanish arroz con leche recipe is the very best, with cinnamon and lemon zest! Her arroz con leche recipe is the perfect blend of cinnamon, sugar, and silky Spanish rice.
Arroz con Leche (Spanish rice pudding) instructions
- Place the rice, water, cinnamon stick and lemon peel in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat until rice is cooked..
- Then add the milk, salt and sugar. Stir often to keep from sticking to the bottpm of the pot..
- Cook until you get a creamier texture. When finished remove from pan and sprinkle the top with powder cinnamon..
- Variations: You can use sweetened condensed milk or evaporated milk instead of regular milk, or u can mix them up, depending on the texture you wish to achieve..
You'll try it once and be a fan for life! Rice Atole (Mexican Rice Pudding/Arroz Con Leche). Puerto Rican Arroz Con Leche (Rice With Milk). Arroz con leche is a version with Spanish influences. To make your own, cook white rice with cinnamon and then simmer it in milk until it thickens.