Onigiri with soy seared asparagus. okaka (bonito flakes moistened with soy sauce). kombu (simmered kombu seaweed). tuna mayo (canned tuna with Japanese mayonnaise). You can wrap the finished onigiri (in plastic wrap) with a thick kitchen towel to protect from being too cold in the refrigerator. Rice gets hard in the refrigerator.
O-nigiri (お握り or 御握り; おにぎり), also known as o-musubi (お結び; おむすび), nigirimeshi (握り飯; にぎりめし), rice ball, is a Japanese food made from white rice formed into triangular or cylindrical shapes and often wrapped in nori (seaweed). In Japan, the bento boxes sold in train stations—known as Ekiben—are a beautiful part of travel. Okaka onigiri are dried bonito flakes (okaka, or katsuobushi) flavored rice balls. You can cook Onigiri with soy seared asparagus using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Onigiri with soy seared asparagus
- You need 250 gram of short grain rice.
- It’s of Water.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of rice vinegar.
- You need 6 of green asparagus.
- It’s Splash of light soy sauce.
- It’s of Gari.
The okaka filling is seasoned with soy sauce. It is a simple mixture of dried shaved bonito flakes gently tossed with soy sauce. The flavor can be as light or salty as you wish by simply adjusting the amount of soy sauce. Pan seared asparagus with soy sauce and garlic.
Onigiri with soy seared asparagus instructions
- Boil the short grained rice according to the instructions on the package.
- Mix the rice vinegar and sugar until the sugar is dissolved. Add to the fully cooked rice and let cool completely..
- Chop the asparagus into small pieces and pan sear for 2-3 minutes with a splash of soy. Let cool..
- Shape rice into two snack-sized triangles. Add the asparagus filling to one of the halves and then press the triangles together. Shape with your hands. Repeat..
- Serve right away or wrap in plastic wrap for a quick snack later..
Pan Seared Asparagus With Soy Sauce and Garlic. crayonsandcravings.com. Keywords: stir fry asparagus, szechuan asparagus, asparagus recipes, healthy asparagus recipe, pan seared asparagus, asian asparagus, wok fried asparagus, chinese asparagus. Tag @feastingathome on Instagram and hashtag it #feastingathome. Vector image "Onigiri fried with soy sauce. Seamless pattern." can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license.