You can have Butternut-squash Risotto using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butternut-squash Risotto
- Prepare 1 of Small Onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Celery, finely chopped.
- You need 2 cups of Butternut Squash, finely diced.
- It’s 1 Clove of Garlic, minced.
- You need 1 cup of Arborio Rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of White Wine (I used New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc), stay away from Chardonnay for this one!.
- Prepare 4-5 cups of Chicken Stock.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Fresh Sage, chopped.
- Prepare of Fresh Parmiggiano Reggiano, grated (1 1/2 cups).
- You need 1 Tbsp of Butter.
Butternut-squash Risotto step by step
- Preheat a saucepan over medium heat and cook the onion, butternut squash, garlic and the celery with the olive oil for about 5 to 7 minutes, meanwhile bring the broth to a simmer but do not let it boil otherwise it will reduce..
- Add rice to the onion mixture and cook for a minute. Coating it in the oil. Add the wine and cook for a couple of minutes until the wine has been absorbed by the rice..
- Add a ladleful of hot broth to the rice, stir constantly (use a wooden spoon) and continually adding broth 1 ladleful at a time, waiting for the rice to soak it all up before adding the next ladleful. Season with salt and pepper.Continue until the rice is about 5 minutes away from being cooked..
- When the rice is just about done, another ladleful of stock and the chopped sage, once the rice is fully cooked turn the heat off. (The consistency should be creamy and loose not stiff and dry.) With the heat off, add the butter and a good amount of parmiggiano reggiano. Taste for seasoning and enjoy!.