Stuffed turnips. A wide variety of stuffed turnip options are available to you, such as style, certification, and type. The Stuffed Turnips recipe out of our category Root Vegetable! An inventive way to liven up turnips, the peas in this recipe bring a new texture to a sometimes dull root vegetable while the mint sauce adds a zing of.
Lightly sprinkle the insides of the turnips with potato starch. Turnips are done when they pierce easily with a knife. Drain water and remove steamer from pan Yumm!! You can have Stuffed turnips using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed turnips
- You need 4 of medium sized turnips.
- You need 1 cup of short grain rice.
- You need 1/4 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of 7 spice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- It’s 1 cup of pomegranate molasses.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Prepare 4 cloves of minced garlic.
I love turnips, especially with butter, you can't go wrong!! I learned a long time ago to peel. Drain the turnips, allow them to cool slightly, then remove two-thirds of the centre with a sharp knife. The turnip has a special place in the Russian diet.
Stuffed turnips step by step
- Wash, peel, and core the turnips.
- Deep fry the turnips until they get a golden color. Drain them from the oil and pat them with paper towels.
- Prepare the stuffing by mixing the rice, meat, and spices together.
- Stuff the fried turnips 3/4 with the rice stuffing.
- In a pot add the pomegranate molasses, olive oil, tomato paste, and water. Bring it to boil.
- Add the turnips and let it all boil together on high for 20min. Lower the heat, cover the pot, and allow it to cook for another 2 hrs..
- Add the minced garlic to the sauce and let it all boil on high for a final 20min..
Try this easy recipe to make the most of this vegetable's The humble turnip has played an outsized role in the diet of people throughout history. Fotosearch – Pasaules fotogrāfiju fonds – One Web Site TM. Special Stuffed Fresh Strawberries are a real delight. Turnip varieties go way beyond the standard old Purple Top and white Tokyo Cross, to include surprising range of sizes, shapes, colors, flavors of both roots and leafy greens. Pickled turnips are a popular Middle Eastern mezes.