Zucchini Risotto. Zucchini risotto, made with Parmesan and pantry staples, is a delicate, creamy, comforting, surprisingly easy dish to make. But don't take our word for it. Rich in flavor, this savory vegetarian Zucchini Risotto is a great option for those who cannot or do not want to eat meat.
What ingredients do you need to make this Zucchini Mushroom Risotto? Add your diced zucchini, onion, olive oil, parsley, butter and salt to a medium sauté pan and start sautéing on medium heat for a few minutes. Risotto is one of my favorite comfort foods. You can cook Zucchini Risotto using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Zucchini Risotto
- Prepare 4 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1 cup of arborio rice.
- It’s 2 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbs of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 2 of small zucchini.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Sometimes it can be a little heavy though, even some vegan recipes which sometimes use. I love the combination of zucchini and basil as I think their flavours compliment each other very well. Besides, basil adds some freshness and depth to the creamy and comforting risotto. Il risotto gamberi e zucchine è un primo adatto ad ogni occasione.
Zucchini Risotto instructions
- Slice zucchini on the bias to 1/4" thick slices. Heat chicken broth in a small sauce pan to almost boiling. Reduce heat, keep warm over low heat..
- In a separate, medium sized sauce pan heat oil and butter over medium high heat. As soon as butter melts add zucchini..
- Sautée until zucchini just begins to soften. For crisper zucchini remove from pan with slotted spoon to leave oil/butter behind and set aside. For ultra-soft zucchini that will blend into your risotto leave in pan to cook entire time..
- Add rice to pan. Cook to toast lightly, stirring constantly. About 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low. Add one cup hot broth. Stir constantly until broth is mostly abdorbed..
- Add the remaining broth one cup at a time allowing each addition to be absorbed before adding more. When final cup of broth is about 3/4 absorbed reduce heat to low and stir in parmesan..
- If you removed zucchini from the pan: For medium-soft zucchini return to pan half way through cooking risotto. For firmest texture add with parmesan..
- Taste before serving. Add salt and pepper if desired (I rarely add any cause the parmesan is usually salty enough). Enjoy!.
Facile da fare può essere preparato in un giorno qualunque ma è proprio l'ideale se presentato durante una cena a base di pesce. Add zucchini and stir until heated through. Risotto with zucchini and prosciutto is just one of hundreds of variations of risotto you can make using just a few simply ingredients. Wash and finely chop the zucchini. In a Dutch oven (or any heavy-bottom pot), melt the butter over.