Stuffed Tomatoes. Stuffed tomatoes are one of a number of dishes in which tomatoes are filled with ingredients, usually including rice. In various languages, the name of the dish literally means "stuffed tomatoes", including Azerbaijani: Pomidor dolması and Turkish: Domates dolması). Lidia prepares baked tomatoes stuffed with bread crumbs, cheese, and an egg.
These stuffed tomatoes are full of sausage, rice and plenty of cheese, then topped with parmesan and breadcrumbs and baked to perfection. A unique main course that's sure to get rave reviews! Tomatoes hollowed out and stuffed with canned tomatoes with green chile peppers, bread crumbs, cheese This is a wonderful easy stuffed tomato recipe. You can have Stuffed Tomatoes using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Tomatoes
- It’s 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1/2 of onion; diced.
- Prepare 1 stalk of celery; diced.
- It’s 1/2 of carrot; diced.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves; diced.
- Prepare 4 of tomatoes preferably beefsteak tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 of bellpepper.
- It’s 1 of Yukon gold potato; cut into wedges.
- It’s 3/4 of ths cup short-grain rice.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth (water is fine).
- Prepare of Mint.
- You need of Parsley.
- It’s of Dill.
- Prepare of Feta cheese.
I am surprised there isn't that many reviews. See more ideas about Tomato recipes, Recipes, Cooking recipes. They're the perfect serving container for just about anything. Vegetables in the summer are demanding to be stuffed: Eggplant, zucchini, and tomatoes are.
Stuffed Tomatoes instructions
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes and bell pepper. Keep them as they will be your lid. Excavate the tomato insides and set aside in a bowl..
- Sauté the onions and garlic until they reduce in size and turn slightly brown. Add in the celery and carrots and cook until reduced/browned. Adding salt helps!.
- Brown the ground beef until no longer pink. Add the sugar. More salt..
- Add the tomato paste and rice and sauté for 2 mins..
- Preheat oven to 370F..
- Pour in the tomato insides and 1 cup of chicken broth. Simmer for 10 mins. Taste, add more salt and pepper if needed..
- Before we stuff, mix in the parsley, mint, and dill..
- Fillerup! I put potato wedges in between the veggies. Drizzle olive oil and yes – salt & pepper! Pour in half cup of water to the pan..
- Cover lightly with foil and bake for 1 hr..
- Uncover and broil until slightly charred..
- Serve with feta cheese on top. Enjoy!.
Stuffed Tomatoes Recipe – Sausage and Rice Stuffed Tomatoes All She Cooks. Take advantage of juicy summer tomatoes. Stuffed tomatoes make great side dishes or entrees. Breadcrumbs, Rice, and Quinoa Make These Tomatoes Special. I realize that you might imagine rice-stuffed tomatoes to be something unappealing.