黑米糕 Steamed Black Rice Cake. Steam Rice Cake Recipe ~ Easy recipe. Palm Sugar Rice Cake （Pak Tong Gou) 椰糖糕. Today is a public holiday in Singapore as all our Indian friends celebrate Deepavali.
Puto is a Filipino steamed rice cake. Traditionally these are made in special cups in a steamer, but I've adapted the recipe to work in the oven. Method : Soak glutinous rice for few hours. You can cook 黑米糕 Steamed Black Rice Cake using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of 黑米糕 Steamed Black Rice Cake
- You need 3/4 cup of freshly milled sweet black rice flour.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of freshly milled white short grain rice flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water first, then 1/8 cup after soaking.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of cane sugar.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
Delicious savory cake for Chinese New Year. It's easy to make and can be steamed ahead of time, wrapped with cling wrap and stored it in the refrigerator. Peel skin and grate radish to fine strips and squeeze out excess water and set aside. In a large bowl, combine rice flour.
黑米糕 Steamed Black Rice Cake instructions
- Mix rice flours and sugar in a mixing bowl..
- Slowly adding water, 1 tsp at a time to moist the rice flour until you squeeze the flour it forms a shape but can easily break down into snow flakes. Cover and allow it to rest at least 4 hours before steam..
- Add 1/8 cup after soak. Ideally it is better to sift through a 20 eye mesh but can be skipped. Steam on high heat for 30-35 minutes. Serve warm..
Puto is a steamed Filipino mini rice cake made out of rice flour (galapong). It is often eaten for breakfast, served with coffee or hot chocolate. Some people also like to grate coconut over it or to eat it with dinugan, a pork blood stew. Pure rice flour rice cake, also known as Bai Tang Gao in mandarin and Bak Tong Gao in Cantonese, is fluffy and chewy. Usually Bai Tang Gao is served after cooling down.