Japanese white rice standard. Is Japanese rice the same as sticky rice? What kind of rice is sushi rice? Is sushi rice the same as regular Japanese rice?
Japanese rice refers to a number of short-grain cultivars of Japonica rice including ordinary rice (uruchimai) and glutinous rice (mochigome). Ordinary Japanese rice, or uruchimai (粳米), is the staple of the Japanese diet and consists of short translucent grains. Japanese rice is a short-grain variety of rice, also called japonica rice. You can cook Japanese white rice standard using 1 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese white rice standard
- It’s 150 g of Short grain rice.
Learn about different types of authentic Japanese rice and its recipes. This guide will cover how to cook Japanese white rice. I recommend Koshihikari (look forコシヒカリor こしひかり on the package), a variety of white While white rice can potentially have an indefinite shelf-life if kept in the ideal conditions, it is said that it will lose some of its flavor after a few weeks. Japanese rice, or japonica rice, is a very particular variety.
Japanese white rice standard step by step
- Measure short grain rice for specified amount precisely..
- Pore rice into the bowl + colander which contains plenty water. Stair by your hand for couple rotations and lift up the colander quickly to remove water..
- Rub grains each other by your palms for a minute while placing the colander on the table top. Be sure grains are not soaked in the water but are still wet..
- Rinse out grains using tap water to remove residue aparted from grains..
- Soak grains into the bowl with plenty water and confirm the water is clear..
- Leave it for an hour and confirm the color of grains is now white..
- Drain water using the colander and pore only grains into the casserole. Then add drinking water so that the total weight becomes 380g..
- Put the lid and place them into microwave oven. Then start heating with 600 watts power for 5 minutes..
- When heating period is over, check if the content of the casserole is boiling or not. If it is still quiet, heat for one minute more..
- Change heating power from 600 to 150 watts and restart heating for 15 minutes..
- Open the lid and turn over the cooked rice for couple times quickly..
- Put the lid back and leave for 10 minutes then you get completed white rice standard for approx. 350g..
Preparation Put rice in a bowl and wash in several changes of cold water until water is clear. There is more to Japanese rice than simple white rice, check out the options below. By knowing these you can add some variety to your diet, and maybe find a new favourite staple!,Related posts: Pouring Tea On Top of Rice? Buying rice in Japan is not as easy as just picking a sack off the shelf. Japanese way of cooking rice takes time but rice is fluffier and not soggy.