Shiitake and Asparagus Risotto.
You can have Shiitake and Asparagus Risotto using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shiitake and Asparagus Risotto
- Prepare 8 of dried shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 1 of large garlic clove.
- Prepare 1 of medium yellow onion.
- Prepare 8 oz of asparagus.
- Prepare 1 cup of uncooked arborio rice.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of dry white wine.
- It’s 6 cups of low sodium chicken stock.
- It’s 3 Tbs of freshly grated Parmesan.
- Prepare A few of basil sprigs.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
Shiitake and Asparagus Risotto instructions
- Warm the stock to a simmer and turn heat off. Add the dried mushrooms and allow to rehydrate for 20 mins. With the cover on..
- Wash and dry produce.
- Mince the garlic. Cut the onion into small slices. Cut asparagus into 1 in. Pieces. Cut basil leaves into thin strips and discard stems..
- When mushrooms are rehydrated remove them from the stock and return the stock to a light simmer. Remove the stems and slice the caps when cool enough to handle..
- Heat a pan for risotto on med-high with 1 Tbs olive oil. Add half the onion. Salt and pepper lightly. Saute until slightly carmelized..
- Add rice to the pan. Stir and cook for about one minute..
- Add the wine. Stir constantly. When the wine is mostly absorbed add stock a ladle at a time, allowing it to mostly absorb between ladles. When the rice is creamy and tender, remove from heat and stir in most of the Parmesan and salt and pepper to taste. Then let it rest..
- Add 1 Tbs olive oil to another pan and heat on med-high. Add garlic and onions. Lightly season and saute until translucent. Add mushrooms and saute for 3 minutes to cook out the moisture. Add asparagus and cook 1 more minute. The mushrooms should be lightly browned and the asparagus should still be crisp. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Add risotto to plate and top with mushrooms, onions, and asparagus. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan..