Spinach Risotto. Easy, Cheesy Risotto, Any Way You Like It. Risotto is incredibly adaptable to substitutions and add-ins.. Chef Theo Randall shows you how to make the perfect creamy risotto with peas and spinach. to prepare the peas and spinach before adding to the risotto and making a perfect summer risotto dish.
It's best made with mature, crinkly spinach. When risotto is nearly done, add spinach mixture and mix well. Simmer until risotto evaporates to a creamy consistency. You can cook Spinach Risotto using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spinach Risotto
- You need 8 ounces of cold Taleggio (you can use Fontina or Brie instead, just remove the rind).
- Prepare 10 of ounces/8 packed cups spinach, any thick stems removed.
- Prepare 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1 of medium red onion, finely diced.
- You need 3 cups of finely diced celery.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves, finely grated or mined.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Arborio rice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt, more as needed.
- It’s 3 1/2 cups of good vegetable or chicken stock.
- You need 3/4 cup of dry white wine.
This Classic Spinach Risotto is a restaurant-worthy meal. It is rich, creamy, and so flavorful! Follow my step-by-step instructions and treat your family with this elegant dish. I had a bad day Instead I set out to make a pot of spinach risotto, my culinary equivalent to a big hug.
Spinach Risotto step by step
- Cut the rind off the Taleggio (or the other cheeses) and discard. Dice the cheese into 1/2-inch pieces. Set aside at room temperature as you prepare the rice..
- Line a colander with a clean dish towel and place spinach inside. Heat about 8 cups of water until boiling, then pour over spinach; the spinach will wilt. Let spinach sit until cool enough to handle, then use the dish towel to squeeze out the water. Transfer spinach to a food processor and blend with 1 tablespoon butter until smooth. (You’ll end up with about 1 cup of purée.) Reserve.
- Melt remaining 5 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion, celery and garlic; cook until translucent, about 7 minutes. Stir in rice and 1 teaspoon salt, and cook until toasted and golden, about 5 minutes..
- Stir in wine and cook until it’s absorbed, about 3 minutes. Stir in stock, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring often but not necessarily continuously, until the stock is finished and the rice is cooked through but not mushy, 15 to 20 minutes..
- Stir in spinach purée, then taste and add more salt, if needed. Add Taleggio (or Fontina / Brie) and stir to melt. Serve immediately.
Learn how to prepare this easy Spinach Risotto recipe like a pro. The traditional cooking method for risotto involves standing at the stove and stirring almost constantly to achieve the signature creamy texture. This Spinach Risotto is gloriously creamy, flavorful, restaurant delicious and easier than you think! This Parmesan Spinach Risotto recipe is about to become a new favorite! Add spinach and water and cook for a minute or two, until most of the liquid has evaporated.