Brad's Butternut, English Pea and Prawn Risotto. Risotto with roasted butternut squash and peas, a perfect quick dish for a summer evening. The risotto should be creamy and slightly soupy. When you draw a wooden spoon through it, there should be a wake that holds for a few moments but not longer.
You'll use ½ cup of white wine in the recipe, so why not pick out an extra nice bottle to serve alongside this pea risotto? These risotto recipes are a great storecupboard standby and easy to smarten up for dinner parties. Risotto is such a quick and easy dish: the creamy rice is complemented here by the salmon and peas. You can cook Brad's Butternut, English Pea and Prawn Risotto using 13 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Brad's Butternut, English Pea and Prawn Risotto
- You need 1 lb of 16-21 count prawns, remove all shell.
- It’s 2 clove of minced garlic, divided.
- It’s to taste of Sea salt, black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of shallot, minced.
- You need 1 cup of cubed butternut squash, about 1/2 inch.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butternut squash puree.
- You need 1/2 cup of English peas, thawed. If fresh blanch.
- Prepare 6 strips of bacon, chopped and cooked.
- Prepare 1 cup of arborio rice.
- It’s 3/4 cup of white wine, I used pinot griggio.
- It’s 4 cups of warm chicken stock.
- It’s 1/3 cup of shredded parmesan cheese, plus a little for garnish.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter.
Be careful not to overcook it, though, or it will be stodgy. This yummy crock pot ham and pea risotto recipe turns out very smooth and creamy. Butternut squash risotto is a fantastic variation on the basic risotto recipe. Butternut squash is rich in both vitamin C and potassium, making this a delicious, nutritious dish you can feel great about enjoying.
Brad's Butternut, English Pea and Prawn Risotto instructions
- Boil a pot of water. Add squash cubes. Blanch them for 2-3 minutes or until you just start to feel them soften a little. Drain and immediately immerse in ice water to stop the cooking process. After they cool, drain and set aside..
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add 2 tbs olive oil. Add 1 clove garlic and shallots. Saute until shallots are sweated off, but not browned..
- Add rice to frying pan and cook for a couple minutes. Do not let it brown..
- Add the wine, stir very often until it absorbs into the rice most of the way. Star adding the broth, one cup at a time. Let it absorb most of the way between additions..
- When you add the 3rd cup of stock. Add the blanched squash, peas, bacon, and squash puree..
- Meanwhile heat another pan. Add oil. Saute remaining garlic for 30 seconds. Add prawns and season with salt and pepper. The prawns should only need about 2 minutes per side. When done, drain on paper towels..
- Taste the rice. It should be tender, yet not mushy. Just a little bite to it. You may or may not need all of the last cup of broth. Adjust seasoning. Add the butter and parmesan at the end. Mix well..
- Plate the risotto. Arrange prawns on top. Garnish with a little parmesan, and a squeeze of lemon juice if desired. Serve immediately, enjoy..
This pea and prawn risotto is one of the most popular dishes at Elements Cafe in Lyall Bay. "I think people like prawns, to be honest," says Barrett. Open for lunch and dinner five nights a week, the cafe operates on a Sunday night during winter too, serving roast dinners. Learn how to make English Pea Risotto. Get the recipe for English Pea and Parmesan Barley Risotto. Kale, Walnut and Lemon Pearl Barley Risotto – a risotto with pearl barley.