Savory Stuffed Tomatoes.
You can cook Savory Stuffed Tomatoes using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Savory Stuffed Tomatoes
- It’s of Stuffing.
- Prepare 2 of large tomatoes.
- Prepare 8 oz of ground turkey.
- You need 1 of small red onion diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of arborio rice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, loosely packed.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of feta cheese.
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of Topping.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of italian style breadcrumbs.
- You need of drizzle olive oil.
Savory Stuffed Tomatoes instructions
- Turn oven to 400°F. Cut tops off tomatoes and scoop out pulp with small spoon or paring knife..
- Lightly salt and pepper insides of tomatoes and rest upside down on paper towels to drain for 10-15 minutes..
- In large non-stick skillet, brown ground turkey, diced red onion, and minced garlic on medium heat until turkey is cooked through. Transfer to medium bowl..
- Melt butter in sauce pan and add rice, stirring until rice appears translucent..
- Add lemon juice to rice and turn to medium heat, stirring for another 1-2 minutes. Then add water and bring to a rolling boil. Cook until rice is soft and water is absorbed..
- Add cilantro to cooked rice and stir. Add rice to ground turkey mixture. Add feta cheese and salt & pepper to taste, mix well..
- Set tomatoes in greased casserole dish and pack with stuffing..
- For topping, mix together parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs, and drizzle with olive oil. Mix until moist, and sprinkle generously over tomatoes..
- Bake tomatoes uncovered at 400°F for approximately 15 minutes or until tops are golden brown..