Basic Sushi Rice.
You can have Basic Sushi Rice using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Basic Sushi Rice
- It’s 600 mL of uncooked short grain rice.
- It’s 600 mL of cold water.
- Prepare 5 cm of Kombu kelp.
- It’s 5 tbsp of sugar : (A).
- It’s 60 mL of rice vinegar : (A).
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt : (A).
Basic Sushi Rice instructions
- Rinse the rice and soak it for about 1 hour..
- Put the rice in a pot or a rice cooker. Pour some water then put the Kombu kelp in it..
- Cook the rice..
- Prepare Sushi vinegar. Mix condiments (A) and stir to dissolve the sugar..
- Transfer the cooked rice into a very large bowl. Gently flatten out the rice and then sprinkle the Sushi vinegar evenly over the hot rice. Leave them for 1 minute..
- Combine the rice and the Sushi vinegar using a side-to-side cutting motion followed by a folding motion with a rice paddle. At the same time, you need to use a fan to cool rice. This process helps the excess liquid evaporate quickly, which gives the rice a shine and prevents it from getting mushy..
- When each grain is very shiny and the surface is no longer wet and slippery, the Sushi rice is ready. Keep the rice covered with a damp towel until ready to use..