Hong Kong styled congee.
You can have Hong Kong styled congee using 4 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hong Kong styled congee
- You need 1 cup of short grain rice.
- It’s 11 cup of water.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- You need 1 dash of vegetable oil.
Hong Kong styled congee step by step
- Wash rice.
- Soak rice overnight in just enough water (about 1cup to cover the rice) along with a pinch of salt and a dash of vegetable oil.
- Blend rice with blender or food processor to break down farther.
- Pour mixture into a large pot and add 10 cups of water.
- Bring to a rolling boil, stirring continuously.
- Boil and stirr continuously for 45min, adding additional water as desired for consistency.
- Can be eaten with toppings.
- If you prefer, you can also add raw meats and vegetables then boil till all is cooked..