Namala's Creamy Cheesy Bacon Risotto.
You can cook Namala's Creamy Cheesy Bacon Risotto using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Namala's Creamy Cheesy Bacon Risotto
- It’s 1 of teaspoon, crushed garlic.
- It’s 1 of teaspoon, crushed ginger.
- You need 2 medium of Onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1 medium of carrot, chopped into small cubes.
- You need 1/2 medium of Green pepper, chopped into small cubes.
- It’s 1 of teaspoon of parsley.
- You need 1/2 of teaspoon of tarragon.
- You need 7 of cups more or less of beef stock.
- You need 2 of tablespoons of butter.
- You need 3 of tablespoons of chedder cheese.
- It’s of salt.
- You need 1/2 cup of risotto rice.
- You need 5 of stricky bacon pieces, cut into small pieces.
Namala's Creamy Cheesy Bacon Risotto step by step
- Fry your chopped onions, green pepper, carrots, garlic and ginger with about 2 teaspoons of cooking oil, for about 2 minutes..
- Add the bacon with the parsley and the tarragon. Best to use the dry herbs earlier to get all their juices and flavour. If you are using fresh herbs, best to use them almost at the end of your cooking. Cook/fry this for about 3 minutes..
- Optional: Add salt. But, this is not necessary. I don't like my risotto too salty. I believe the bacon and the stock add enough saltiness to the meal..
- Add your rice and the butter. Stir for few seconds and pour in the beef stock a little at a time. As you stir, you want to see the rice absorbing the stock. When it drys out, pour more stock and keep stirring. You have to keep stirring and pouring the stock until the risotto cooks. This may take about 25-30 minutes. The risotto should be soft at the centre, but not mushy. When done, remove it from the stove..
- Add your cheese to the risotto and watch it melt! Yum!.