Chicken adobo. Chicken Adobo is a type of Filipino chicken stew. Chicken pieces are marinated in soy sauce and spices, pan-fried, and stewed until tender. The dish gained popularity because of its delicious taste.
My Filipino family's chicken adobo recipe is very similar. Chicken Adobo – crazy delicious Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe made in one pot. Chicken Abodo is a perfect dinner for the entire family. You can cook Chicken adobo using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken adobo
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 of onions, yellow.
- You need 1/2 lb. of bok choy.
- It’s 1 cup of broccoli.
- Prepare 2 of onions, green.
- Prepare 8-10 oz. of boneless chicken breast.
- You need 1 tbsp. of biodynamic extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 1/4 of + 3/4 cups water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of fresh city's sweet chili sauce (sesame oil, tamari, brown rice vinegar, chili okazu, coconut sugar).
- You need 2 of bay leaf, whole.
- You need 3/4 cup of white arborio rice.
- It’s To taste of salt & pepper.
- It’s 1/2 cup of coconut milk.
Chicken adobo is a Filipino recipe made with only a few ingredients. Chicken Adobo is a Filipino dish that features chicken braised in a mixture of soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and black peppercorns. I first became interested in chicken adobo when I saw a recipe for it using a slow cooker. After looking at a plethora of adobo recipes, I decided that I didn't even need a slow cooker.
Chicken adobo step by step
- Prepare the Ingredients: Dice the onion. Rinse and roughly chop the bok choy. Rinse and chop the broccoli into florets. Rinse and dice the green onions. Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces..
- Make the Chicken Adobo: Heat 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pot over medium heat..
- Add the garlic and onion. Cook until tender and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes..
- Add the chicken, ¼ cup of water, the Sweet Chili Sauce, and the bay leaves. Bring to boil..
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and let simmer for 25 minutes, adding more water, one tablespoon at a time, if needed..
- Stir in the bok choy and broccoli and continue to simmer until it is wilted, about 5 more minutes..
- The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F and shows no signs of pink..
- Make the Rice: While the adobo is simmering, rinse the rice in a fine sieve and add it to a small pot with a pinch of..
- Salt, ¾ cup of water and the coconut milk..
- Bring to boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, until the rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 10-15 minutes..
- Bring It All Together: Evenly divide the rice between two bowls..
- Spoon half of the Chicken Adobo on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with green onions to serve!..
Chicken adobo is one of the many variations of the classic Filipino-style of cooking. Like its pork counterpart, this chicken version is made by braising the meat in a mixture of soy sauce, vinegar, and. This tangy, sweet, salty chicken adobo recipe cuts down on the time-consuming process of peeling and slicing a ton of garlic cloves. Chicken Adobo is the most popular and famous dish in the Philippines. Chicken is braised, low and slow, in tangy, vinegary garlic sauce until it is meltingly tender and falling off the bone.