chicken and chorizo risotto. Easy Chicken and Chorizo Risotto is an amazing shortcut recipe that is very simple to make. Chicken and Chorizo sausage are combined with capsicum, tomato. Although this isn't made with risotto rice, the richness of the chorizo and the addition of butter and Parmesan cheese make this a nice rich meal, and more similar to risotto than a normal rice dish.
This Chorizo Risotto which packs a serious flavour punch! A creamy risotto with a spicy kick which is perfect for a weekday comforting meal or equally good dressed up for a dinner party served in posh bowls You can make this dish a little cheaper by omitting the chicken, as the chorizo and peas have lots of flavour by themselves and the rice is substantial. Smokey paprika, chorizo and chicken combine to make this delicious one pot meal. You can cook chicken and chorizo risotto using 15 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of chicken and chorizo risotto
- It’s 200 grams of chicken breast.
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 100 grams of good quality chorizo.
- It’s 1 pinch of paprika.
- You need 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 1 of red or orange pepper.
- Prepare 1 of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of butter.
- You need 350 grams of cooled cooked chicken, skin on, chopped.
- You need 1 of preferred risotto rice.
- Prepare 1 can of sweetcorn (small).
- It’s 1 cup of white wine.
- Prepare 1000 ml of chicken stock.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of parmesan.
- Prepare 3 of chestnut mushroom (optional).
This risotto is baked in the oven and is inspired by the Spanish dish paella, with chorizo, chicken and prawns. Stir in the rice, chicken, chorizo, rosemary, stock and saffron. Season with salt and pepper, mixing well together. Chorizo and chicken risotto. by: David Fischer.
chicken and chorizo risotto instructions
- heat some olive oil in heavy frying pan.
- add chicken breast and cook until nearly done.
- add chopped chorizo and cooked chicken pieces.
- fry for 3 minutes and remove from heat leaving the orange oil in the pan.
- add mushroom and butter and fry for a few minutes and then add the finely chopped onions and heat until nearly done.
- add finely chopped pepper and fry for a couple of minutes.
- added more butter and olive oil and the rice and stir so all then rice is covered in oil.
- add large glass of decent white whine. sauvignon or Chardonnay.
- heat on high until wine is bubbling and reduced.
- add hot stock a ladle at a time.
- add the chicken and chorizo back to pan.
- add sweetcorn.
- keep adding stock until Al dente.
- add cheese and stir through.
- turn off heat and stand for 5 mins then serve.
Heat oil in a pot, add chorizo and fry on a medium heat. Add onions and fry them until they are soft. Add the cubed chicken as well as the chopped garlic and dried tomatoes. Risotto needn't be tricky, this version cooks in the oven. There are many types of risotto rice, but look for carnaroli or Arborio, whose starchy grains make a risotto with a creamy texture Butternut Squash and Chorizo Risotto.